COMMENTS ?

Webfetti.com

Friday, June 5, 2009

Golden Words - Butt Prints In The Sand

A few years ago, I was visiting my friend Jimmy and he handed me a new poem that had been passed on to him. At first glance, I thought it was that familiar "Foot Prints In The Sand", but I did notice the title said "Butt Prints In The Sand" and that piqued my curiosity so I read it and asked him if I could jot it down. Unfortunately, I don't know who wrote it so I can't give credit where it's due...it was signed "anonymous". I decided to put a little visual to it and offer it as another freebie that is printable. It would look nice if you burned the edges a little or get creative and line the edges with small sea shells, starfish, etc. and decoupaged it to a nice piece of wood and shellac or lacquer it, or if you want a shiny clear with depth over it, pour some polymer resin on it (this coats the seashells or other 3D items nicely). It would make a nice wall plaque for yourself or for a gift.

I had mixed "emotions" about the message of the poem, after all, He is a forgiving God with unconditional love for His children. It's almost inconceivable that a virtuous, patient Lord would turn His back on us, quit holding us up and actually give up on us. (Does the word enabling ring a bell?) Remember everything has its price (for every action there's a reaction), nothing is free, and that free ride won't last long if none are showing any benefit from it. (Hang tight, I gotta go on a tangent. . .Again, I can't help but relate to the parallel of a Nation of peoples riding on the skirt of the helping hand of welfare. If a people can't learn to become strong and hold it's own, the hand that's helping is only hurting in the end.) Guess "Butt Prints In The Sand" is a good example of how "God helps those who help themselves" and even His Lords at times have to withold sanction that we may grow and gain strength and learn to have faith in ourselves. If we can't have faith and count on ourselves, how can we have faith that someone else will come through for us? I believe it was Will Rogers who put it nicely ~"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." After all, it does hint in the book that has the final word in the Bible, Revelations, comes the time, those that will be with His Word, will come as warriors. Isn't it time we take control of our sails and take the direction that will move us closer to where we'd like to be, lest we just blow whichever chaotic direction any blowing-by force would have us. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to sit back and be passive, sometimes, the best route is to take action.



Bookmark and Share


] ]]]]]] o [[[[[[ [

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feedback! I love feedback! Ideas I can expand on? I'll consider it!